It is based on Microsoft Exchange technology with Activesync push email connectivity and is currently offered to Vivamail mobile subscribers with bundled data traffic.
Yes, it does offer much more:
- You have full mobile access to your existing and your new Exchange mailbox through Activesync push synchronization (or via POP3 pull)
- You can use your own domain (eg: email@example.com), essential to create your own professional business image.
- There are additional functions like integrated calendar, contact list, task- and notes folder, accessible via Outlook Web Access
- In case of the Advanced and Premium packages:
- full Outlook client with secure SSL protected access from anywhere without a VPN client
- shared calendar, address book and tasks within the company
- Premium and customizable virus and spam filtering
- 99,99% service availability
- Local support from Vivacom
It is absolutely secure as Vivacom does NOT see any of your information. All your data is transferred through secured channels and stored in professional server farms located in geographically distributed locations. It is guaranteed that your information is only visible by you and available for you.
To access the Control Panel please log on at https://www.vivamail.bg/
VivaMail provides significantly more than most corporate Exchange installations:
- Activesync push email support with end to end SSL encryption
- Outlook Anywhere support (for VivaMail Advanced and Premium)
- Outlook Web Access (webmail) with SSL protection from any Internet browser
- Polling of external mailboxes: you can fetch email via POP3 or IMAP4 from existing email accounts over the Internet (and push those messages to your mobile via Activesync)
There is no investment into hardware and software, no ongoing support costs, no need to pay for IT experts. Instead you pay a simple per user monthly fee for the service and everything else will be taken care by Vivacom and its partners. In most cases the total cost of ownership of the Vivamail service is significantly less than an on-site installation with internal support.
In case of VivaMail all IT operational tasks are handled by professionals and partners of Vivacom and no Exchange and security experts are needed at the customer. Support for end-users is provided around the clock and there are easy to understand user guides available.
On-premise servers are likely to be less reliable. Vivacom guarantees 99,99% service availability which exceeds most in-house solutions and is backed by a failure and disaster tolerant infrastructure.
Alternatively you can do the same within Outlook Web Access at https://mail.vivamail.bg/
Outlook: please use automatic configuration and just enter your full email address and password.
POP3 or IMAP4 client: please use mail.vivamail.bg as both incoming and outgoing servers and login with your full email address and your password. Please use smtp authentication for outgoing email! If you would like to use SSL protection then please use port 993 for imap4, 995 for pop3 and 465 for smtp.
Please login at https://www.vivamail.bg/ page and select the Support menu!
There you can download instruction guides in English or Bulgarian.
All VivaMail packages support push email to your mobile! You only need a mobile device with active internet connection and Activesync capability. The following handsets are supported:
- Windows Mobile powered devices (HTC, Samsung, Sony-Ericcson etc.)
- Nokia E and N series handsets with Nokia Mail for Exchange application
- Apple iPhone 3G and 3GS
- Android powered devices like HTC Magic and Hero
- Any other phone or client which supports Exchange Activesync (EAS) protoco
If your handset supports autodiscovery then you only need to enter your full email address (as the login) and your password. In some cases you will need a server address as well: mail.vivamail.bg
Yes, you can have access to your mailbox, calendar and tasks in offline mode as well with an Outlook client if you have a VivaMail Advanced and Premium package by ticking
"Use cached Exchange mode" checkbox under
tools menu>account settings >select VivaMail account>change>more settings>advanced.
With a VivaMail Smart account you still have the option to download emails with POP3 or IMAP4 and use them offline with any standard email client (Windows Mail, Thunderbird etc.). Of course to send newly composed messages you will need an active internet connection.
- Shared calendar is a collaboration tool that helps timing the common meetings efficiently.
- Personal calendar contains your personal electronic stamp, that is -by default - invisible to other users.
- You can share your calendar easily with Outlook 2007. Please select the calendar from the left menu, and click the "Share my calendar" link.
- Tools menu >Option>Calendar option >free/busy option> and click to the "add" button for adding a person, who will be authorized to see your calendar entries.
Is there a way to keep my existing email server, but migrate some of the mailboxes to the VivaMail service?
Yes, we call this co-existence and there are multiple solutions:
1. The primary domain (for example companyname.bg) is hosted on an on-premise server and some mailboxes (for example a department or the management team) are hosted by Vivacom. The hosted mailboxes should be setup with an interim domain name (for example companyname.vivamail.bg) and the original mailboxes should be forwarded to the hosted equivalents. In the hosted mailboxes we setup companyname.bg addresses as the primary aliases, which means outgoing email will be sent out with these.
Please ask Vivacom support to setup such a company account for you!
2. Another option is to simply use the POP3/IMAP4 pull functionality to fetch email from the existing mailboxes of the users if these are accessible from the internet.
Obvious spam is being rejected; likely spam emails are delivered to the Junk E-mail folder.
If using Outlook you can set spam filtering sensitivity and white+blacklists.
- Mail servers are hosted in multiple secure, top-tier datacenter environments
- Mirrored high-performance storage, that keeps your data safe even in case of disasters
- Redundant architecture and good scalability
- 99,99% availability
- Continuous performance monitoring and on-demand server farm upgrades
- Server-side anti-virus and spam filtering
- Daily high-performance backups (full and incremental)
The following encryption standards are used:
- RPC over HTTPS (Outlook Anywhere with 2003 and 2007 versions)
- HTTPS (Outlook Web Access, Activesync)
- TLS/SSL with POP3/IMAP4/SMTP